Operating in 29 markets across Asia Pacific, with over 2000 local staff, serving premium top blue-chip customers in the travel industry – from travel agencies, airlines, hotels, car rentals and insurance providers. Sabre have grown our presence significantly over the years, in order to tap on the immense potential of the world’s fast growing region. Sabre’s end-to-end technologies help create a differentiated portfolio of solutions and services driven by data and insights on how travel business operates in Asia Pacific. We help our travel partners create better customer experiences, optimise business operations and enhance competitiveness. As we continue to grow in the region, our people are AND will always be our biggest asset & investment, where we continue to bring together the best talent and help them achieve their own career aspirations in a truly global company.
The Head of Airline Sales owns a portfolio ping a strong pipeline from the accounts. The Head of Airline Sales will develop a Sales Plan encompassing a short and long term strategy to ensure timely renewals, identify new opportunities and a retention strategy.
The Head of Airline Sales will interact with key client stakeholders and be able to strike a balance between client expectations and Sabre Travel Solutions’ strategic objectives. The Head of Airline Sales owns all activities around his/her Accounts and is expected to be well versed in all commercial terms, maintenance and support needs, project delivery activities, timelines and project scope. The Head of Airline Sales will:
- Responsible for driving new Distribution sales as well as Airline Solution sales in Portfolio accounts
- Understand clients’ business and market challenges, and be able to articulate Sabre Travel Solutions capabilities to address such challenges.
- Establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including C-Levels at client and within Sabre to either drive meaningful conversations, or facilitate such conversations.
- Engage the clients’ executive stakeholders to provide input and comments around the Sales Plan.
- Drive Deal approval process internally to get alignment on deal proposals
- Establish regular business review sessions articulating the state of the account, strategic objectives, project progress and other key client performance metrics.
- Facilitate client participation in Sabre’s conferences to highlight future product strategies, roadmaps and or direction.
- Sales Support and manage sales pursuit as needed.
- Solicit input from other stakeholder organizations when and if needed in the creation or ongoing management of the Sales Plan.
- Own client requests regarding change management and ensure applicable documentation, templates, processes and timelines are adhered to (Change Requests (CR’s), Work Orders (WO’s) Request For Information (RFI’s) and Request for Proposal (RFP’s).
- Ensure signed contracts are shared with key stakeholders to ensure timely billing, or for reporting activities.
- Register new sales opportunities (pipeline) electronically in Sales Force and ensure it is included in management reporting or sales forecasting activities.
- Maintain appropriate levels of involvement with client issues requiring resolution, including invoices, accounts receivables, service incidents.
- Participate and continue activities (sales enablement training and/or solution overviews) to enhance product knowledge and understand solution roadmap/s.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above is not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in technology sales and account management. Airline industry experience a plus, but not a required. Must possess advanced computer skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Assertive and persuasive
- Passionate and curious
- Consultative and collaborative
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to sell software to their customers
Sabre Corporation is the leading technology provider to the global travel industry. Sabre’s software, data, mobile and distribution solutions are used by hundreds of airlines and thousands of hotel properties to manage critical operations, including passenger and guest reservations, revenue management, flight, network and crew management. Sabre also operates a leading global travel marketplace, which processes more than US$120 billion of global travel spend annually by connecting travel buyers and suppliers. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre serves customers in more than 160 countries around the world.